Pages

Sunday 13 April 2014

Rome wasn't built in a day...

So it’s been a while since I’ve posted an update…things have been pretty hectic! Also I don’t want to get too keen and then people get bored out of their brains and stop reading, hehehe

So I’m basically ticking off the last few weeks as a whirlwind, with a mixture of awesome training days and nightmare days. Last week started off brilliantly, all guns blazing, meeting daily targets; and then from Thursday onwards things went a bit pear shaped. But this is the way the cookie is going to crumble sometimes and I need to be able to deal with it. Anyways I missed out on the long swim this Saturday with my training crew as I had other commitments and was looking forward to the Coogee wedding cake island swim to strut my new Budgy Smuggler togs, but unfortunately it was cancelled due to bad weather conditions (adverse effect of cyclone Ita in Queensland).
In other news, the season at Andrew Boy Charlton pool where I train will come to a close at the end of April, when I’ll move over to Victoria Park, Broadway. I am really enjoying VLAD squad swim sets and the encouragement of coach Charm is next to nothing. I have struggled with consistency the past few weeks, however, today is the start of a new week, and I am going to get smarter and wiser as this journey continues – I just need to keep the consistency going! I’m also now experimenting with making my own energy bars so will be sure to share my best recipes once perfected!
Anyways this week is just touching base and a matter of re-motivating myself to get stuck back in and get my head in the right place. Rome wasn't built in a day and I remain determined, irrespective of the ups and downs.

So watch this space #just4dacraic, as there’s a few cool things coming up over the next couple of weeks - yay!

1 comment:

  1. You doin great girl, can't be flat out training all the time. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete