Pages

Monday 3 March 2014

Husky Triathlon Feb 2014


So I do a few triathlons from time to time, nothing serious - just love the buzz of it and to be amongst it!

Huskisson is about 2hrs south of Sydney (or maybe 5hrs in traffic on a Friday evening), but it’s totally worth it.



Husky long course is one of the hot triathlon events of the year and the whole village embraces it – its brilliant fun, with a variety of different events. The distance of the long triathlon was 2km Swim / 83km Bike / 20km Run and kick off was around 7am for me.


So I love the swimming and the bike, and then everything slows down for the running (or should I say the “waddling” bit – BAHAHA!)

Anyways the swims kicked off with an AMAZING sunrise happening, you could not of NOT enjoyed this swim! Awesome! 2 laps of a triangular loop, great swim, waters like glass felt good and managed to be first out in my age group and clocked 3rd fastest female time.
I headed out on the bike looking just to enjoy it and use it as mental training for the channel i.e.  occupying my brain and trying to cope with listening to myself for that long (hard work)... 3 laps on the bike, really enjoyed it as haven’t been riding on my Cervelo beauty in quite a while!

Anyways all was going well on the bike until I started to feel it on the 3rd lap - I managed to get home ok but THEN I was faced with the real challenge that was haunting me since the second I dipped my toe into the water – THE RUN!
My main goal was to just. keep. going.... and ticking along irrespective of me looking like a telly-tubby having some kind of fit.

I managed to do so and finished in 05hrs 07mins (ranking me 13th in my age category) - all that for a few worthy beers and some bold chips!

A big thanks to the group of brilliant friends and supporters cheering me on, who all did their own awesome feats in the enticer, sprint and other fun runs happening over the weekend.


Great weekend!


Check out this class clip on facebook dedicated to all the vollies and locals who made Husky Long Course Triathlon happen!





No comments:

Post a Comment